Decision Made Regarding That Illegal Alien Who Clobbered Teen Girl Over MAGA Clothes

A viral boardwalk altercation has run its course through the American legal system, closing with a deportation order for the Canadian woman who threw the punch heard round the internet.

Kaitlyn Tracey will not be staying in the United States. Speaking by phone from an ICE detention facility in Toms River, New Jersey, she entered a guilty plea Tuesday to a single misdemeanor charge of simple assault.

Under the terms of her plea deal, Tracey’s punishment amounts to one day of jail time. That single day has already passed, covered by time she previously spent locked up in the Ocean County jail.

What remains is her exit from the country. An immigration judge had already signed off on her removal to Canada, a decision that predates the resolution of her criminal charge.

The chain of events traces back to a physical clash on the Jersey Shore boardwalk. Video footage shows Tracey squaring off with a cluster of teenagers, one of whom sported an America 250 tank top alongside sweatpants stitched with the word “ICE.”

Words between Tracey and the teen turned heated. The exchange ended when Tracey’s open hand connected with the girl’s face, a moment recorded on video and later entered as evidence in the criminal proceeding.

Behind the assault charge sat a deeper legal problem: Tracey had no valid immigration status when the incident occurred. Records show her visa lapsed in September 2024, leaving her unlawfully present in the country for close to two years.

The Department of Homeland Security laid out her immigration history in blunt terms. “She overstayed her visa and failed to depart,” a DHS spokesperson told Fox News.

That same spokesperson confirmed the timeline of the court decision. 

“She received full due process and was ordered removed on Aug. 4 by an immigration judge to her home country of Canada,” the spokesperson said. “ICE will return her home as soon as possible.”

While Tracey’s criminal case wound through the courts, a parallel effort to bankroll her defense was falling apart online. A fundraising campaign aimed at covering her legal costs pulled in only $4,857, well below its $10,000 target.

That underwhelming total came only after an earlier setback. The original fundraiser had been hosted on GoFundMe, which shut it down entirely rather than let it continue collecting donations.

GoFundMe pointed to a standing company rule as the reason for the takedown. A spokesperson for the platform explained the policy to the New York Post.

“Consistent with this long-standing policy, any fundraisers for the legal defense of someone charged with a violent crime are removed from the platform and fully refunded,” the GoFundMe representative said.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Every dollar donated through that page was sent back to the people who gave it, leaving Tracey’s backers to start over on a different platform — one that ultimately came up short of its goal.

Between the failed fundraiser, the guilty plea, and the deportation order, Tracey’s case moved from viral video to closed file in a matter of weeks, with her removal from the country now the final step left to carry out.

By Reece Walker

Reece Walker covers news and politics with a focus on exposing public and private policies proposed by governments, unelected globalists, bureaucrats, Big Tech companies, defense departments, and intelligence agencies.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x