Appeals Hearing Told Downright Disturbing Revelation About Karmelo Anthony’s Fantasy Before Vile Murder

A Texas courtroom became the stage Thursday for revelations that never made it in front of the jurors who convicted Karmelo Anthony of murder. 

The disclosures came not at trial, but during a hearing over whether Anthony deserves a second chance in court.

Anthony is currently serving a 25-year sentence handed down in June. 

His conviction stemmed from the fatal stabbing of 17-year-old Austin Metcalf, an attack that unfolded beneath a tent at a high school track meet in Frisco, Texas, in April 2025.

Thursday’s hearing centered on a defense push for a new trial. But it was prosecutor Bill Wirskye who dominated the proceedings, laying out a trail of evidence jurors were never shown.

At the center of that trail: Anthony’s former high school girlfriend. Wirskye told the court she had gone to an assistant principal before the killing to report that Anthony was stalking her in the aftermath of their breakup.

Her account painted a portrait of a young man consumed by violence. She described Anthony as obsessed with knives, guns, and fighting, according to Wirskye’s presentation.

That obsession, prosecutors say, extended to direct threats. Anthony allegedly texted his ex-girlfriend a photo of the very knife he would later use to kill Metcalf.

The message accompanying that photo has now entered the public record. “I’m low key on the verge,” Anthony reportedly wrote according to New York Post.

Wirskye summed up Anthony’s psychological state in three words. “He was spiraling,” he told the courtroom.

The prosecutor pointed to another piece of history absent from trial: documentation showing Anthony had once enrolled in a program aimed at correcting behavioral problems, a detail first reported by WFAA-TV.

Metcalf’s own past also surfaced during the hearing, though from a different angle. 

Wirskye acknowledged allegations that Metcalf had once put up graffiti containing what the prosecutor called “vile racist stuff.”

Rather than air the full history of both teenagers, prosecutors and the defense struck a deal to keep the trial narrowly focused. Wirskye explained the thinking behind that agreement in his own words. 

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

“I offered the agreement,” he said. “‘Let’s stay away from historical character and stick to the facts – what happened under the tent.’”

He warned that abandoning that approach would have been dangerous for the integrity of the trial. Opening the door to both teens’ pasts, he said, was “going to put fuel on the fire.”

Thursday’s hearing unfolded before Kaufman County Judge Michael Chitty, who is weighing the defense’s request to throw out Anthony’s conviction and start over.

That request follows a separate ruling one day earlier that reshaped the case’s future. 

On Wednesday, Judge Sid Harle ordered that John Roach, the judge who oversaw Anthony’s original trial, be barred from handling any appellate matters going forward.

Anthony’s attorneys had pushed hard for that outcome, accusing Roach of crossing a line during the trial itself. 

Their filings claimed Roach “expressed personal opinions about the propriety and correctness of the jury’s verdict, the fairness of the trial and the correctness of the judge’s own rulings during the trial.”

The case traces back to a single violent encounter under a tent at a Frisco track meet. 

Trial testimony established that Anthony walked into a tent occupied by a rival team and refused repeated demands to leave.

That standoff ended with Metcalf dead and Anthony facing murder charges. 

The trial that followed stretched across eight days and drew testimony from numerous student witnesses who were present that day.

None of those students backed Anthony’s claim of self-defense. Their accounts, delivered under oath, described a killing rather than a justified response to danger.

Jurors needed only about three hours to reach their verdict after the evidence closed. They found Anthony guilty, setting up the 25-year sentence he now serves.

Judge Chitty has not yet ruled on whether Anthony will get the new trial his attorneys are seeking. 

Meanwhile, the recusal of Judge Roach ensures a different judicial voice will handle any appeals moving forward.

Whether more undisclosed evidence exists beyond Thursday’s revelations remains unclear. The legal fight over Anthony’s conviction shows no signs of ending soon.

By Reece Walker

Reece Walker covers news and politics with a focus on exposing public and private policies proposed by governments, unelected globalists, bureaucrats, Big Tech companies, defense departments, and intelligence agencies.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x