Trump Shooter Identified

The gunman killed after opening fire at a White House security checkpoint Saturday evening has been identified as 21-year-old Nasire Best, according to law enforcement officials investigating the attack.

Authorities say Best, who reportedly had a documented history of mental illness and prior encounters with federal security personnel, managed to fire multiple rounds near the White House before being shot and killed by Secret Service agents.

The incident unfolded while President Donald Trump and senior administration officials remained inside the White House amid ongoing national security discussions tied to Iran and Middle East tensions.

According to reports, Best had previously drawn the attention of both local law enforcement and the U.S. Secret Service before the shooting.

The New York Post reported that Best had already been issued an order in 2025 directing him to stay away from the White House after an earlier security-related encounter at one of the checkpoints.

Investigators are now reviewing his background, digital footprint and prior contacts with authorities as they attempt to determine a motive.

A law enforcement source familiar with the case told reporters that Best allegedly suffered from severe mental illness and had reportedly referred to himself as Jesus Christ.

So far, investigators believe he acted alone and have not identified evidence suggesting broader coordination or accomplices.

Federal authorities are also examining how Best obtained the firearm used in the shooting and retracing his movements leading up to the incident.

The attack erupted suddenly Saturday evening near a White House security post after agents reportedly observed suspicious behavior and identified that Best was armed.

ABC News correspondent Selina Wang was recording a social media video from the White House North Lawn when gunfire suddenly broke out.

In footage later shared online, Wang could be seen abruptly stopping mid-report as multiple gunshots rang out nearby, sending journalists and staff scrambling for cover.

“I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots,” Wang later posted.

“It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now,” she added.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Authorities say Best managed to fire several shots before Secret Service personnel returned fire and neutralized him.

He was transported to a nearby hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

One bystander was seriously wounded during the shooting and remains hospitalized. Officials have not yet publicly identified the victim or released updated information regarding the person’s condition.

No Secret Service agents or other law enforcement personnel were injured during the incident.

The White House later confirmed that President Trump remained safe throughout the attack and continued participating in meetings and briefings inside the executive complex following the shooting, Trending Politics reported.

The incident immediately triggered a massive security response around the White House as federal investigators began processing the scene and reviewing surveillance footage.

The shooting also comes during a period of heightened security concerns in Washington as the administration continues monitoring tensions involving Iran, terrorism threats and ongoing geopolitical instability abroad.

Federal investigators have not yet announced whether Best left behind writings, manifestos or online posts that could further clarify his intentions before the attack.

By Reece Walker

Reece Walker covers news and politics with a focus on exposing public and private policies proposed by governments, unelected globalists, bureaucrats, Big Tech companies, defense departments, and intelligence agencies.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x