GOP Candidate Targeted in Shocking Late-Night Attack

A Mecklenburg County Republican candidate’s home in Huntersville, North Carolina, was struck in a drive-by shooting Monday night, authorities said.

Aaron Marin, who is running for the District 1 County Commission seat, was inside with his wife and two young sons when multiple bullets hit the property, damaging vehicles, a mailbox, a tree, and the family’s basketball court.

Marin reported that seven to 10 rounds were fired, with shell casings scattered across the driveway when police arrived.

“By God’s grace, we are all safe and unharmed—but as a husband and father, there are no words to describe the shock of hearing gunfire directed at your home,” he wrote on social media, stressing that his residence appeared to have been deliberately targeted.

“Violence has no place in our community or in the political process,” Marin added. “I will not be intimidated, and my commitment to serving Mecklenburg County remains stronger than ever.”

Huntersville Police Chief Brian Vaughan confirmed the incident, noting the rapid response by officers and crime scene investigators.

“It did occur,” Vaughan said, according to The Charlotte Observer.

He emphasized that evidence had been collected and cautioned against speculation regarding potential motives or suspects while the investigation continues.

District 1 encompasses parts of north Charlotte and the surrounding towns of Huntersville, Davidson, and Cornelius.

Marin, who lost the 2024 election to Elaine Powell, is currently the only Republican in the race and will face the winner of a three-person Democratic primary in November, Townhall noted.

Local reports indicate that several children, including Marin’s, had been playing outside shortly before the gunfire erupted, raising concerns about safety in a neighborhood that had long been considered secure.

Authorities are reviewing multiple forms of evidence, including footage from Ring security cameras, in an effort to identify the shooter or shooters. No arrests have been made as the investigation continues.

Commentary from The Gateway Pundit suggested a double standard in media coverage.

“Can you imagine the mainstream media’s reaction if this were a prominent Democrat? CNN and MSNBC would be running wall-to-wall coverage,” the outlet wrote, highlighting what it described as limited national reporting on attacks involving conservative candidates.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Experts have noted a rising trend of threats and assaults targeting Republican officials and candidates nationwide, underscoring the challenges of safeguarding public servants at both local and state levels.

Supporters of Marin have expressed concern over the apparent political motivation behind the attack, while law enforcement continues to urge patience and caution as the investigation unfolds.

The shooting underscores the dangers faced by local candidates campaigning in politically charged environments.

Marin reaffirmed his dedication to public service, emphasizing that disagreements should be resolved peacefully, through dialogue and democratic processes, rather than through intimidation or violence.

Authorities said they are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding the attack and have asked anyone with information to come forward.

Marin’s campaign stressed that the incident would not deter him from continuing to serve his community and pursue the County Commission seat.

WATCH:

[embedded content]

By Reece Walker

Reece Walker covers news and politics with a focus on exposing public and private policies proposed by governments, unelected globalists, bureaucrats, Big Tech companies, defense departments, and intelligence agencies.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x