Fox News Host Suffers Sudden Health Emergency

Fox News host Lawrence Jones has revealed that a medical emergency involving another detached retina forced him off the air and required a second surgery.

The “Fox & Friends” co-host addressed his absence Thursday, telling viewers that he suffered another retinal detachment months after undergoing surgery for the same condition.

“Regrettably, I’ve sustained another retina detachment, which is common after the initial tear,” Jones wrote in a statement posted to X.

“Yesterday, I underwent surgery again with the best care team,” he added.

Jones thanked his Fox News colleagues, network leadership and viewers for their support as he begins another recovery.

“I’m optimistic that I’ll be back soon!” he said.

The latest operation comes only months after Jones underwent surgery in January to repair a detached retina in his right eye.

Jones has previously said his eye problems stem from an old sports injury he suffered as a child.

Toward the end of 2025, Jones began experiencing problems with his vision but initially did not believe the symptoms were serious enough to require immediate medical attention.

He eventually visited a specialist in December, where doctors determined that he had a detached retina and needed surgery.

Jones later said he was grateful that he decided to get the problem examined.

“And I’m glad I did because it ended up being something more serious,” Jones told People earlier this year.

He underwent the first operation in January before eventually returning to “Fox & Friends” while still visibly recovering.

Jones said at the time that he chose not to remain completely out of the public eye during his recovery, instead allowing viewers to see the process as he resumed his duties on the program, per the Conservative Brief.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

His latest retinal detachment has again temporarily removed him from the show.

Jones did not provide additional details about the procedure or say exactly how long his recovery is expected to take.

He also did not announce a specific return date.

His message, however, indicated that he expects the absence to be temporary.

Jones has become one of Fox News’ most recognizable morning personalities since joining “Fox & Friends” as a permanent co-host in 2023.

His unexpected absence this week led some regular viewers to question why he had disappeared from the program.

Jones’ announcement made clear that the absence was related to his health rather than any change involving his role at the network.

The recurrence follows the same potentially serious eye condition that required surgery earlier this year.

Jones said the experience has reinforced the importance of seeking medical attention when something does not seem right.

During his first episode with the condition, Jones initially believed the vision problems might not require a doctor before eventually getting examined.

That decision led doctors to discover the detached retina and arrange surgery.

Now, following another detachment and a second operation, Jones is again focused on recovering before returning to the “Fox & Friends” set.

By Reece Walker

Reece Walker covers news and politics with a focus on exposing public and private policies proposed by governments, unelected globalists, bureaucrats, Big Tech companies, defense departments, and intelligence agencies.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x